Scroll window left

This topic is 6590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In a script, how do I Scroll the Window to the LEFT? Not up or down, but left and right. My script opens up a layout and it's scrolled to where the scroll bar is sort of in the middle of the layout, making it hard to see what is on the left of my layout. I'd rather see the left and have the right unseen. Need the scroll bar to be all the way to the left. This is driving me nuts!!! Thanks!

It's probably putting the cursor into the first field in the tab order (which happens to be in the middle of the layout.) Try changing the tab order. In addition, I'd recommend designing all Form View layouts so they don't need to be scrolled at all. Use button tabs to break the screen into multiple layouts, with layouts sized so they fit on the smallest typical resolution of the user's workstations.

Thanks, I acutally tried the cursor thing and it didn't help at all. The cursor goes to a field on the left but the scroll doesn't move. This just started happening! It was working fine. The other sounds too complicated for me, don't have time to redesign it.

• 2 weeks later...

The scroll window script step *does* work. Something else is happenig at your end, like a field is being selected or something.

This topic is 6590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.