Problem after self-join

This topic is 6601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I successfully created a self joined relationship in order to display all occurrences of an individual patient's records in a portal on the patient's main record layout.

The problem is ever since then, any new field I create is related to that field in all occurences for the patient. For example, I create a new field now called "Paid" and Tom Jones has 4 outstanding unpaid records. I want to mark one of these records as being Paid. If I do, all 4 of Tom Jones' records get marked Paid.

The wierd thing is, all the fields that I created before the self join work normally. For example, if I write new notes in the "notes" field for Tom's first record, it doesn't affect his other records. It 's only affecting the new fields I create.

One thing I should mention is that I didn't have any other relationships before the self join, so there were no other primary keys defined.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sol Rodriguez

In your layout, you are probably using the field PAID from the TO of the self relation. For example, the correct field should be "Paid" but you have "Self::Paid" as the field in your layout.

To fix it, while in layout mode, double click on the field "Paid", then on the field definition, select "Current Table" and it should hilight the default table field "Paid". If it doesn't highlight, click on the field "Paid" which you may have to scroll through your field list to locate it.

This topic is 6601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.