FMP8 Adv - startup prob. and poor performance

This topic is 6581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've had FMP8 Adv on my Mac PowerBook G4 for probably 6-7 mos. Just last week, I started experiencing some weird issues. My first attempt to launch FMP8 Adv in the morning fails, or rather, cycles forever. When I am finally able to launch and use the program, the performance is PITIFUL. I get the spinning beachball on almost every click/operation I perform. The performance problem applies to local files as well as remote ones.

The only notable thing I can think of that may be affecting this is an AppleScript I added to my startup items a couple weeks ago that automatically connects me to my office server... Any other ideas?

Edited by Guest

You're suspicion may be correct. I've had the same type of situation with a PC laptop. When the laptop was disconnected from the network, FM was extremely slow to open the files. Remember, FM looks for other FM programs running on the network and verifies that unique licenses are running. If it can't find a network, it's really slow.

I have to disable the network connection on the laptop if I'm in a standalone mode. All my Macs are desktop and wired into the network so I've never seen the problem there.

HTH, Mike

This topic is 6581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.