Dont waste your time with FM 7!

This topic is 6581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Upgrade to FM 8 Advanced!

(Seriously)

If you are doing anything of even moderate complexity, I strongly urge you to consider moving to FM 8 Advanced.

I've found that the addition of Script Variables and the various Export & Email records as XLS/PDF alone have paid off quickly.

Script variables allow you to get rid of a lot of global fields, which can make your overall design much cleaner.

I'm not affiliated with FileMaker, in fact I'm usually cursing them, but I do appreciate when a better product comes out, and FM8 Advanced is enough better than FM7, the upgrade cost is really trivial (if you value your time, or sanity).

I totally agree with you, FM8 ROCKS. I am not affiliated nor getting any payments from Filemaker, Inc. but I must say, FileMaker 8 has made my life so much more fulfilling. I am now able to do so much with very little effort. For example, converting files from FM5 to FM8 was a nightmare...need I say more???

I love the Script variables, very powerful indeed. All I can say is if you already have FM8, look into making use of the script variable "Set variable"

This topic is 6581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.