Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Importing into QuickBooks and Quicken?

This topic is 6609 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have both Quicken and QuickBooks and wanted to know if there is any problem importing into them from FileMaker? They are sending them from another office and thought I would ask you guys before I start stumbling around in the dark.

Thanks,

Bill

Don't know about Quicken but have worked with Quickbooks.

It really depends on what you want to import. If you are just trying to import a list of customer names this is fairly simple. If you are trying to import something like the Vendor List its slightly more complicated. As you can see in the attached file (taken from the sample company file of QB) you may have to manually remove some items (in a text editor) before importing.

If you are looking for real time interaction its a whole 'nother ballgame. Even though QuickBooks can interpret XML the end user CAN NOT import XML through the QuickBooks software. For that you need a third party program such as File Books Link, www.filebookslink.com , to interact with QuickBooks. I recommend File Books Link but there is a rather large learning curve, IMO. Their Forum for support has been very helpful though and I consider their product to be worth the asking price.

I'm not very happy with QuickBooks creating lots of middlemen rather than one end user solution though.

VendorList.TXT

This topic is 6609 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.