Glorified Rolodex - selected valuelists sort

pfarrell

This topic is 6597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi fmforum,

here's what i'm trying to do:

1. create records of resouces that are assigned categories via valuelists (often multiple categories) - this would be seen as individual records in form view with detailed resource info, possibly images - (also includes a field that shows which categories have been assigned to that record)

2. search the resources in a new layout with the same valuelists in a header that would display the results of the selections in list view in the body (portal? - didn't seem to work). so multiple selections within a menu or among multiple menus would show all related matches that have the selected categories assigned to them.

3. select various records for printing as a list -- would be a list of records that would have to be tracked as you would be making several selections over several searches.

file attached. it's a little naked at the moment because i've made several attempts at this ... and am starting over.

i recognize this is a lot, and am learning ... so i'm not expecting "a fix" ... just want to know if this is possible ... and any advice/help. thanks!

rtdb.fp7.zip

This topic is 6597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.