Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cant install on OSX Tiger

This topic is 6600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I got filemaker pro 8 advanced about a week ago and I cannot get it to install. I have a powerbook 1.67 ghz w/ osx 10.4.5. I mount the file then start the install everything goes ok, I enter the serial as asked, it accepts the serial then goes to the easy install menu. I then click ok to start the install and it starts. It gets about 25% done then stops without any error message and goes back to the easy install menu. The last file that displays as installing is openssl. It then just becomes a loop. If you click install again it goes to the install and gets about 25% and then goes back to the easy install menu. I think it may be the software, but I tried downloading the trial straight from the website www.filemaker.com and it does the exact same thing. I also have access to filemaker pro 8(not advanced) and it does the same thing as my version of filemaker pro 8 advanced. I did get filemaker pro 7 to install with no errors, worked fine the first time. But 8 refuses to install for me. Is there anything that I can do that anyone knows of to help? I will give anything a try. I already tried searching the website for any refrence to filemaker, but nothing related to my error. I also tried the god (www.google.com) but no answers from him (maybe I asked the question wrong). Please help. Just as a note. I have not or am not trying out any pirated software as someone else suggested when I asked this question at http://www.macosx.com I am in the US Army and have access to this software. Also I am the admin so I know that I have the permissions to install it. I also tried installing under another admin account and I get the same thing.

SAFD1450:

Welcome to the Forums.

Have you tried a custom installation? I'd suggest that - pick a different destination for the application, and remove as many things from the install as possible, and see if it works. I imagine that "openssl" is a part of the application itself, so this might not change anything, but hey, maybe it will work.

Another curveball to try would be to create a new user account (with admin priveleges) in OSX, and try installing it from that account. Again, just a suggestion to try to shake up the installer and get it to work.

Good luck.

-Stanley

Well, it should work.

I'd suggest you call FileMaker tech support., as they are generally quite helpful about getting people up and running. Use that tech support code that came with the software to get through for free.

This topic is 6600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.