Sliding a "group" of fields

Mandu

This topic is 6570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My layout contains a rectangle which surrounds a group of fields:

[Name]

[Company]

[Address1]

[Address2]

[City] [state] [Zip]

Company and Address 2 may be blank.

I want the rectangle to slide upward, along with the fields it contains, but I don't want the fields within it to slide relative to one another.

How do I define the Sliding properties of these objects? I suspect it's a matter of adding some "invisible fences" but I haven't found a solution yet.

Thanks - Chap

Instead of using fields use merge codes in a single text block, then format the text block to slide.

You might be better off creating a calculation field that conactenates all the address fields together in the desired format and removes blank lines etc, and use this single field on your print layouts. Much easier to manage.

Thanks Vaughan.

See attached gif for what I came up with, which seems to work although I'd appreciate commentary from others... it's basically a way to "scope" sliding.

The red lines are made invisible by setting their thickness to 0 (or their color to transparent). Every object inside the outer rectangle is set to slide upward based on directly above only.

It seems to work pretty well, keeping the individual fields in their relative positions while their containing rectangle slides upward.

Then again, it could be a gotcha waiting to happen. Comments?

slidescope.gif

This topic is 6570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.