Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Any way to specify proxy in FM?

cwgben

This topic is 6566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there anyway to specify the proxy server in filemaker 8 advanced? In most Asian & Middle East countries you have to go through a proxy to conect to the internet.Therefore it is impossible??? to send an http request to access xml data from Filemaker.Or am I wrong?

Thanks for your answer in advance

to send an http request to access xml data from Filemaker.

This is ambiguous. Do you mean:

- Get XML data from FileMaker (Server Advanced) by way of a browser? --> Yes, possible, configure the proxy settings within your browser settings.

- Within FileMaker, import XML data from an outside source with a HTTP request? --> No, impossible to configure in FM. But maybe FM uses proxy settings from your browser settings.

Thank you Martin Brändle for your reply.First of all NO, Filemaker does not use proxy settings from your browser settings.It is a SHAME that such a good Program like FM8 and you cannot use the XML web features in most Asian and Middle East Countries.I wonder if there is a workaround to this.

Thank you Martin Brändle for your reply.First of all NO, Filemaker does not use proxy settings from your browser settings.It is a SHAME that such a good Program like FM8 and you cannot use the XML web features in most Asian and Middle East Countries.I wonder if there is a workaround to this.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 6566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.