Adding to conditional value list

Brendon Skinner

This topic is 8282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

After setting up three tiered conditional value lists I have been asked to make the lists modifiable by the user from the master file (similar to as as you would a custom value list). Is there a way to do this?

I have two files, the master file and a value list file. Within the master file I have set up two relationships and two value lists to support the conditional system.

When Field A in master file equals Field A in value list file show options XYZ in Field B. When Field B in master file equals Field B in value list file show options JKL in Field C. Fairly standard.

I have allowed the creation of related records from the master file in the both of the relationships options and have hit a wall.

Any suggestions?

PS When choosing the options throughout the tier, the value list database is opened twice (once from each relationship step I assume). Should I be allowing this to happen or is there a more efficient way to set up my value list?

Thanks in advance.

Excellent!!

I figured out a way to update the value list. It is a bit clumsy but it works. I added a button in the master file that performed an external script (in the value lists file) that created a new record based on the manual entries that the user made in the master file. :??.

Anyway it works. Anyone have any other ideas that may be more effective. I was trying to avoid a script if possible.

This topic is 8282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.