preview mode hangs...

This topic is 6583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey all, I'm hoping to get some help with this -

I just got the job of maintaining a rather old FMP databse that we are using at work, and while I am pretty well aquainted with RDBMS in general, I'm a complete filemaker novice and this is throwing me for a loop.

In a particular report, when switching to preview mode, the system just sort of sits there for sometimes up to 10 minutes and then exits back out to browse mode. It never actually gets to preview. I think the issue might be partially due to the upgrade of the database files from fm6 to fmpro8, but like I said I'm a complete novice and have no idea even where to start looking.

More or less I'm looking for someone to help me find a direction to look, or someone who's had a similar experience drop some advice. I searched google and the forums on every combination of "filemaker preview mode hang" and the like I could think of and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Jon

• Newbies

It doesn't look like it -

The thing is that the hang occurs even when just switching to preview mode, not when a particular script is run (though any script which tries to put the report into preview mode hangs too...)

Could there be a script running on entry to preview mode that I just don't know about? Like is there a way to make a script run on going into preview mode?

Maybe there's a summary field on the layout that's trying to update (for a large found set, things like Average, Min, and Max take a long time to update.) Try switching to a blank layout, and see if it still happens. In not, then troubleshoot the original layout for a problem field.

This topic is 6583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.