Not sure how to script this...

This topic is 6579 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I am working on a medical database for a friend and the person who uses it travels to various locations to examine patients. What they want is to be able to generate a report which shows (for example) the number of patients seen, number which are female, number with a specific disease,etc for each location. The way they currently do it is to manually input numbers into Excel, but we'd like to automate this. They have it setup so that locations are displayed down the vertical axis and the various points of interest across the horizontal. Can this be similarly replicated in Filemaker? Do I need to provide more information before you can help?

The other thing is, one of the stats they want in the report, is to be able to enter in a date range and show how many days were spent at each location. For example, between 2/4/06 and 2/5/06, 3 days were spent at Location A, 2 days were spent at Location B...etc. How would you script this?

Thanks for any help, I hope the questions aren't too vague or silly.

My guess is that:

They have it setup so that locations are displayed down the vertical axis and the various points of interest across the horizontal. Can this be similarly replicated in Filemaker?

...comes close to this:

http://www.spf-15.com/fmExamples/XTab2Way.fp7.sit

--sd

This topic is 6579 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.