Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Value List as a Calculation

Gloria

This topic is 6581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm very new to FM7 & need help with my Value List. I have set up an inventory DB, I add new product through a purchase invoice by way of a portal. I have "Product ID", "Product Description" , "Product Cost" and Sales Catagory fields. The Sales Catagory field is based on a Value List called Sales Catagory which includes "Grocery", "Pop", "Confection" etc entered as a Custom Value List. My problem is, I need to sort & find the Total Product Cost of all the "Grocery" product, the "Pop" product, the "Confection" product etc. I also need to print this calculated information. I don't know if I can do what I require or how to do it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Is a subsummary report what you're looking for? With it you could group your line items by category, showing the costs of each category in subsummaries with a grand total at the end.

I'm not sure. I enter my new product on the purchase invoice into a portal, what I want is to be able to see & print that same invoice except have the data summarized & totaled by sales catagory instead of the way it was originally entered. I thought I could just duplicate the original puchase invoice layout & then somehow have it sorted by the catagory, if I could find a way to get a total for the catagories, but this doesn't appear to be working. I also tried to set up a subsummary report but wasn't successful with that either. I'm sorry, I may not be making myself clear, the more I work on this project the more confused & frustrated I get. I was doing wonderfully until it came time to create the reports that I need to print, I can get the data in, I just can't get it out.

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou, that's exactly what I'm trying to do!! I'm going to go through the example step by step until I get it right. I have one more question in mind but I may be able to figure it out myself from your example. You have made my day Thankyou again

This topic is 6581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.