Username/Password prompt when importing from multiple files

This topic is 6572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We have a semi-large solution - 20-25 files and we are in the process of converting this to Pro 8.

Our clients are still running the 6 version, and we are about to roll out the 8 version.

The process will be:

1. Convert the client's 6 version to 8 (we need to do this for the container data).

2. Import the converted files into our master 8 version.

We have created import scripts in each of the files, so this is pretty automated.

Here is the problem: When each import is called, we are prompted for the Username/Password for the file we are importing from... This is kind of a nuisance when we are doing it for 20-25 files, and for a dozen or so clients.

Is there a way around this Username/Password prompt?

I have created a file in 8, copied this file, and then tried to import it, and I get prompted for the Username/Password even though the Access Privs match.

Can anyone think of a way to better this?

Thanks,

jd.

Hi,

We tried this, and we still get prompted for a Username/Password.

You can see the same thing if you create a new file in 8, define a Username/Password, Save a Copy As, and then try to import from the copy. You will be prompted for the Username/Password.

How can we get around this?

Thanks,

jd.

Hi,

I should point out that our files, and the test ones I created, do not open with a default password, which is a big contributing factor in all this...

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks,

jd.

Edited by Guest

Hi,

I think I know the answer to this one already, but it needs to be asked... Is there a way of assign a Default Username/Password to a series of files, besides opening each one individually. Is there a tool available of some kind which can do this?

Thanks,

jd.

This topic is 6572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.