Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Important recover from an old FM database made witn Mac

This topic is 6581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

sorry I have an important archive made with an old version of FM,probably 1.0 or 2.0 with a Macintosh very old...it does not have no extension..And when a try to open it with a FM 7 or 8,it doesn`t work..It shows me a message,inviting me to open it with a 2.0 viewer...could you help me?thanks a lot

go to the FileMaker Tech Info Knowledgebase, and find Article 750 "Conversion & Migration: Things To Think About Before Converting You Files"

you will find links to download demos of FM6, just for the purpose of converting old files

greg

• Newbies

I have the FileMaker Pro 8(Win),but the convertion doesn`t work..I have 2 databases one made with Filemaker II (Mac) and the other with Filemaker Plus,but when I try to open it,and the program try to convert it,it shows me one of the following message,depending on the database I try to open:

-This is version 8.0 "clinichist" was created by version 2.00 of FileMaker and cannot be opened by this version.Please use version 2.00 to view this file.

-This is version 8.0 "clinich2" was created by version 4.01 of FileMaker and cannot be opened by this version.Please use version 4.01 to view this file.

This topic is 6581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.