List View Print Issue (can I pad the empty spaces)

B.Gordon

This topic is 6563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have designed a list view layout that prints in three columns... it mimicks a form that we use.

The problem is that if the number of found records does not fill all three columns, it simply stops displaying results and the boxes that need to show up (even though they are empty).

Any idea how to pad the results or make lines appear in a list view once the results are done?

I have attached a pdf example... you will see the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this? The form has to be completely full of the grid lines, even when no data is present.

example.pdf

You might create a layout that has all your boxes in all three columns, like a photocopy of the form. Then overlay your fields with just the data and use the paragraph spacing (space before and after line) to match the spacing of your boxes. No matter where it stops filling in boxes, the background of boxes will always be there.

My apologies that I don't have time to finish this, but I think it will give you a possible solution. I added the last layout to show all the fields. I think it would need a self-join on date to show all the records on that date. You would also have to fiddle with the line spacing. The "-" and "1" would have to be fields as well since they couldn't be put on the form the way you have them now. I hope this helps. If it doesn't work, let me know and I may have some time over the weekend.

sample_db.fp7.zip

Ok... I get it... thanks...

It had not occurred to me to do it this way... I would be nice if there were layers added to FMP so you could superimpose your data over something in a case like this...

This topic is 6563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.