Sliding/printing tab controls

This topic is 6571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok,

I have a tab control with 4 tabs, 2 tabs have portals on them. I would like the tab control to slide when printed. Is there a trick to this?

I have tried going into set sliding/printing of the tab control, and the portals, but whhen I print, the portal slides, but not the tab control.

Any ideas?

It doesn't make sense to include the navigation elements of tab controls in a print out. Use a separate layout for printing that doesn't have the tab controls, and that is formatted for printing. This way you can include elements from multiple view/entry screens on the print out.

Thanks for the response, Ender

Maybe your right, it doesn't make sense, but the question still remains unanswered.

I could make separate print layouts, and when it come down to it I probably will do it that way for this system.

But I can envision a scenario or two where having a print layout for each tab becomes a waste of layouts because it is the info minus the tab control, and it just becomes a maintenance hassle to update them.

So I guess I see your point of using separate layouts but that really doesn't answer the original question: can tab controls slide when printed?

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.