Can you output High Resolution artwork from FMP6?

donskull

This topic is 6558 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a graphic designer and intermediate filemaker developer. I have a client who would like to be able to export some cd artwork layouts from Filemaker. I have designed a template in Illustrator CS & In Design CS, saved as an EPS then as a TIF.

When I import the background image into FMP, if I import a high resolution version (300 dpi) it is huge - I think FMP converts it automatically to 72 dpi then adjusts the size without downsampling. If I import a low-resolution version of the image, (72 dpi), then the size is fine but it's a bit bitmappy.

In the end, I am hoping to be able to make the page into a high-resolution PDF for printing on a press and would like to create a medium-resolution PDF for printing on a home computer, without everything looking bitmappy. Anyone who knows about artwork & FMP please help!

I had this problem as well, It was extremely annoying. In the end, i used a container field to hold my background and changed the graphic formating options appropriatley. This worked great, try it out :B

This topic is 6558 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.