Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Remote access - make it faster?

This topic is 6566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been looking through ther posts and have found some good information, but not quite what i am looking for.

I have people tapping into my FM8 server remotely using FM8Pro on their home machine. It takes a pretty long time for a file to open, but once things are up and running it is pretty smooth.

What i want to do is to make the actual opening of the files as quick as possible. I'm not sure if it is slow becasue of calculations or sorting or whatever. I have created a script that only finds a particular set of records when the file is opened but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas how to make things quicker when opening file remotely? Thanks for the tips.

That is not really an option. I have 11 files and most of them already have multiple tables. This solution was meticulously designed. That would be way too much work.

Some files open much quicker than others, which is why i was leaning toward it having to do with a calculation or sorting.

I would indeed take a closer look at chained/dependant calcfields and graphics not being in the native vectorized format.

Tunneling via calc'fields ought to be a bygone, but portals sortorder are likley to hog a lot.

When you say meticulously, does it include an as fully normalized structure as possible?

--sd

This topic is 6566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.