Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing a multi-page invoice in FM8

Shipcom

This topic is 6564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need to have multi-page invoices that print the totals and some text at the Bottom of the last page. FM8 has a title footer - but cannot change this to print on last page only - will only print on first page. Trailing totals will only print below last listed item - so could be half way up page. Can anyone suggest anything ?

I'm a very new beginner to FM8 - so this has probably already been solved years back.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers - Charles

Here is an article I wrote for FileMaker Advisor magazine a few years ago that does exactly what you want. It shows how to create a conditional footer with an example of an invoicing solution. In other words, if the invoice is 2 pages long, the total only appears in the footer on the 2nd page. While this was written in FileMaker Pro 6, it will work fine when converted to FileMaker 8.

http://advisor.com/doc/11328

• Newbies

Thank you kindly - that worked a treat after translating into FM8.

Though why FM cannot make a Final Footer as well as a Title Footer - I cannot understand.

Thanks again

Rgds

Charles

FMP has a "trailing grand summary" part that prints at the end of the document, but not necessarily at the bottom above the footer.

This topic is 6564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.