Need Insert Picture Script to Default to Folder

This topic is 6540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This question may have already been addressed. Is there a way to have the Insert Picture script to always default to a specific folder without naming a specific file in the file path list? What I need to happen is when the user calls the Insert Picture script a specific (default) folder will open allowing the user to select which picture to insert. The Specify Picture Dialog box appears to require you to name a file within the folder for the file path. Thanks for the help.

The folder that opens, as far as i remember, is the last visited folder... There's no way to set this through script. Furthermore, because you're in FM 7, what you want to do is difficult to achieve (and not exactly achievable through filemaker).

What you can do however, is the following:

Create a global container field.

Setup a script to allow the user to select an image to insert into this global container field.

Query the user for a file name using a custom dialog and a global text field (one method).

Export to your default folder with a default filename i.e. "c:temp"

Next, we use the send event script step to send a command to the OS to rename the file to what the user specified..

"cmd /c ren" & Quote( "c:" & "temp" ) & Quote ( GlobalContainingUsersDesiredFileName )

... All this would be a lot easier with the variables in FM 8 but hey. You might also want to take a look at TROI's file plugin.

Good luck,

~Genx

~Genx

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I was hoping there might be easier way, but thanks for your help. BTW, I had just upgraded to 8 Advance when I made my post but had not changed my profile so I can take advantage of set variables. Only 17...impressive.

I had the same issuse and I couldn't find a solution anyware! I was pointed to the troi plugin, but this didn't really do what I needed either and you have to pay for it anyway. I finally figured it out on my own and here is what you need to do.

fmimage.gif

Hope this helps

fksstechguy

This topic is 6540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.