.fp7 in file references?

This topic is 6551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I'm just trying my hand at converting a FM6 solution into FM8 on a Mac (Tiger) and I'm discovering the file reference issues. After conversion, FM8 has renamed the files with the .fp7 extension. Do I need to add this extension into the file references that I'm keeping - it has left them with the old name without the extension?

Cheers, Muzz

Thanks Ender,

I've been pasting ".fp7" like mad tonight! If you "Add File" it has the extension on the filename so I thought it might be necessary.

Cheers, Muzz

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Where I am pasting is in the file references dialogue, where I need to delete old/unused references and leave only one. If I use the add file button to find the file again, it has the .fp7 suffix on it, whereas existing references don't, so it on these that I have been pasting.

Can Automator do this?

Muzz

Actually, no. I misread your intent. Thought you were changing filename suffixes in the Finder, which could be done using Automator.

Unfortunately, updating File references is one of those things in FM that just need to be done the long way. Although, I have been wondering if anyone has done much peeking at the data fork in an fm7 file. I've been curious if the structural information, if not the data, is stored in a readable format. I doubt it though.

This topic is 6551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.