Preview mode - portal row #1 quirk

Mandu

This topic is 6556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In tweaking an invoice layout, I seem to have introduced a quirk in the way row #1 of the LineItems portal appears in Preview mode.

The value in column 1, normally centered, is shifted to the right a quarter-inch and truncated.

The value in column 4 is missing.

The other values in row 1 are fine. Rows 2 and up are formatted correctly.

The problem doesn't appear in Browse mode, nor does it appear when the document is actually printed. But the Preview looks wrong.

Can anyone suggest what might cause this?

Thanks,

Chap

There were some font issues with 8.0v1 so you might try updating to FileMaker Pro 8.0v2 and then to 8.0v3. It's free from the filemaker.com web site:

http://www.filemaker.com/support/downloads/index.html

However, portals were not designed to be printed even though they might print fine in most scenarios. With an invoicing solution, you really want to print from the join table between your Invoices and Products table. I have attached a very basic invoicing solution with a print script demonstrating how to make this work. It doesn't actually print but goes to preview mode but this can be changed easily.

joinprint.fp7.zip

Thanks, John. I am already running 8.0v3. However, I didn't know about printing a portal (i.e. that one shouldn't). I understand your solution, using a list view, and will convert to that.

Chap

This topic is 6556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.