Auto text possible?

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm working on a database in with I like to include a field for keywords where the keywords are seperated by e.g. semi-colons (:).

Is it possible in Filemaker Pro 7 to validate and/or auto-complete every single keyword (With entries in a table or value list)? I'm looking for something like how keyword can be entered in programmes like Reference manager or Endnote.

It would be great if someone could help me!

It's going to be much easier and more possible if you auto-complete all the choices in separate fields and then put them together in a calculation field with the addition of the semi-colons. If you explain why you want to do this, I might be able to devise a better solution.

• Newbies

Thanx for your reaction.

That's how I have designed it right now. But since The number of keywords can vary between 1 and, lets say 50, I thought it would be more elegant to seperate keywords with the ";" and put them in 1 field rather than 50.

I like to use this format to gather information about plants for research and do quick searches on keywords. To avoid type errors or synonyms (like plant and plants) I like to validate the keywords.

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.