Very beginner problem.

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

If some pro can help me...

I have two related tables A and B. The A table have cases with ID numbers and the court name. The B table have some especific and repetitive diligences and their dates.

My mind is very limited ( maybe for that I´m a lawyer, and my english it is as it is), and I can´t find the way for work with tables like a no relational database.

I only need a "Excel look" spredsheet, with all: the cases, their ID number and court name, and the diligencies made with their dates, all in one presentation, for my assistants court work.

Some help maybe to mean the end point for months of work.

Sounds like you need a Portal. You'll find the portal tool in layout mode to the right of the tab control tool. It will allow you to draw a spreadsheet view of your related records. You might also want to consider the "allow creation of records..." option so you can add child records via the portal. You'll find this check box in Define Database under the Relationships tab when you double-click on the equals sign between your parent and child table occurrences.

• Newbies

I need only a row for case, and multiple diligences dates in this row:

Case 1 - IDNumber-CourtName-FirstDiligenceDate-SecondDilligenceDate-etc...

If the the portal show records from the cases of table A ( cases table), I have only a line for case, but I don´t know how can I show diferent diligences dates ( from table B, diligences table) in the same row of the portal.

Maybe my cuestion is very very obvious, sorry but I can´t find the answer.

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.