Frontbase Plugin

This topic is 6506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

If this is in the wrong topic sorry, it was a toss-up between ODBC and scriptmaker. This has to do with using the Frontbase Plugin for automating SQL connections and queries. I open the connection using a differnt command for the plugin and it works. I am having trouble getting the syntax correct for the sql query. In the calculated result in script maker I have: External("FBSQL-Query"; "SELECT OrderQuantity FROM ScheduleShipmentLineItem|||"). If anyone has experience this please help.

Have you received any more information on setting up Frontbase with Filemaker? I'm also interested in setting up a live ODBC connection, but haven't had any luck searching on the web.

Thanks.

stu

• Newbies

Yeah I have had some luck. I'm pulling my data from a sql server. At the beginning I was opening the odbc then importing the data using the filemaker tools. Now I automated that process with the frontbase plugin from http://www.frontbase.fi/. It enables me to use a script to open the connection and send sql queries directly to the server. Im working on a loop in filemaker to totally automate the process. Filemaker doesnt have an event handler altough, so im going to have to find a filemaker event handler plugin. That will hopefully allow me to run my looping update script automatically like every minute to check fro updates that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently importing into Filemaker via ODBC, but not sure how to set up Frontbase. I have read through their manual and I'm able to 'open the connection', but that is as far as I get. I have not used SQL commands before (except when importing) and find it a little confusing.

Would you be able to share the syntax for using Frontbase? I looked at their ReadMe document, but still can't get it to work. From your original post it looks like you were having a similar problem.

Thanks in advance.

Stu

• Newbies

Ok here is the basic syntax that im using for frontbase sql query: External("FBSQL-Query"; "SELECT ScheduledShipmentLineItemId, ScheduledShipmentId, OrderLineItemId, OrderQuantity, CreateDateTime, UpdateDateTime FROM ScheduledShipmentLineItem"), this needs to be in the code but seems to actually do nothing. Then I use the Getrow command and it returns a string of every value in a row seperated by pipes thats this: External("FBSQL-GetRow"; ""). Then I added a loop and thats as far as i am now.

This topic is 6506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.