set Radio Button

This topic is 6536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I apologize for being an extremely inexperienced Filemaker 8 user; although, given how easy Filemaker is to use, I've been making significant progress recently :

My question regards the use of radio buttons. I would like to have a radio button set to a specific value if another field is between a certain set of values, ie, between 2 and 5, the radio button is set to a certain text value to give the user a general guess as to what the proper radio button selection is (with their ability to override it).

However, I have set up the radio button value to be a calculated field, which checks another field for the number range (using the Case function). Doing this does not seem to change the selected radio button, even though I assume the value is being tested against the values from the other field.

Hopefully this makes some sense. I'm sure it's extraordinarily easy to solve but I haven't been able to get by this. I sincerely appreciate any help that anyone can provide, and I am quite sure I will be tapping into this valuable resource far into the future as I progress with my Filemaker skill!

Thanks again,

Chris

• Newbies

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your help - it seemed to work perfectly with just putting the correct option within quotes, rather than trying to assign the field with the =" " operator.

Thanks again for going through the trouble of demonstrating it. I really appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Chris

This topic is 6536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.