execute a script when changing record??

The Dog

This topic is 6510 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All.

Would like to execute a script everytime I change to another record in a database. I know that I can do it by making buttons and scripts. But I wonder if there is any way to make it work with the navigation in FM6 status area? Is the anyway to execute a script when using the status area.

Best regards

The Dog

There are many plug-ins < http://www.troi.com/ > on the market that will execute a script on exit of a modified field but none when changing records.

I would recommend hiding the status area with an open script and recreating the navigation buttons using scripts. This will allow you to run a script each time a user changes records.

Hi John.

First I would like to thank you for the help (and this is not the first time you have helped!!) You must be a very nice person..

I have no problems with recreating the navigation buttons using scripts but I would allso like to have the "scrollbar" function of the status area. Is there a way to make this?

The reson for wanting a script executed on a record change is that I want to change between two layouts depending on a field value. Maybe there is another way to do this??

The Dog

You can't recreate the functionality of the "scrollbar" or slider as it is called. This seems like a feature most users won't need. I hardly ever use it. Most users locate records by locating them via find mode.

Why do you need to change layouts? What is the difference between the two layouts? Maybe there is an alternate solution.

This topic is 6510 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.