Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Book - FileMaker 8 Functions and Scripts Desk Reference

This topic is 6510 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Item reviewed: FileMaker 8 Functions and Scripts Desk Reference

Vendors website: http://www.soliantconsulting.com

Overall rating: 5 Paws, Nothing short of brilliant!

Review by: Jeff Duck - Chapter FMPug member

Check out my full review here

This book should be named "The Comprehensive Crib Notes for All that is FileMaker Book".

While most reference books just provide details about known questions, this book provokes thought and spawns new ideas that will change your development style.

Reviews are performed by FMPug members. Products available for review can be found at FMPug Reviews

If you wish to take part in the 'Review it and Keep it" program, stop by FMPug for more information on membership

If you have a product you would like to place in the review process ,contact us at [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Review by: Martha Sanchez - Virtual FMPug member

Que provides developers and users with the product they advertise on the front cover: A Desk Reference. At any level, a user needs a quick and easy reference book to flip through and find an answer quickly and painlessly and QUE's book fulfills those needs.

This book is neither too "beginner" for the advanced or too "advanced" for the beginners.

Reviews are performed by FMPug members. Products available for review can be found at FMPug Reviews

• 3 weeks later...

Review by: Jason Mundok - FMPug Coordinator

This is a comprehensive resource for all of the things FileMaker developers find themselves looking for on a regular basis. It's like the FileMaker help files on steroids with a bunch of tech briefs, notes and real world examples thrown in for good measure. Only it's better, because I can't make my own notes and highlights in the margins of an electronic help system. If I were a writer, this would be like a dictionary, thesaurus and encyclopedia all wrapped up in one nice book sitting on my desk.

I would recommend this book to any serious FileMaker developer, whether you're a consultant, in house or part time. You never know what problems may need solved around the corner. It's been great to have a resource like this at arm's reach when I needed to quickly look something up, especially when the power went out!

This topic is 6510 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.