Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal Layout Confussion

Gloria

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm new to FM7, I've created an inventory DB. I want to use the "Invoice Detail" layout containing a portal for creating an invoice but every time I enter data for the invoice it disappears on me, it shows up on my "Item Detail Information" layout but not on the "Invoice Detail" portal. I'm getting very confused as to the relationships of portals/ layouts/ tables, the more I try to fix it the more confused I get, I've included a stripped down version of my file, can anyone shed some light as to what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

Derek_Roberts_Inventory_Copy_3.zip

I'm not sure what you mean by Foreign keys or populated data but I removed the Lookup values and it worked. Thankyou so much, everything is so much easier when you know what your doing. Thankyou again

Glad I could help.

When you are entering your products into the portal, you select the Product ID field. This gets entered into the Join table on a new record. When the new record is created, it is automatically populated with the Invoice ID. Therefore, no lookups are needed to populate the Product ID and Invoice ID fields in the Join table.

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.