Runtime Running?

This topic is 6523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

No, not without violating the licence that says:

All use of the Runtime and Runtime Solutions must be on a standalone basis only. You are prohibited from using the Runtime with any middleware, application server, CGI, or other software or technology that allows more than a single client to access the Runtime.

--sd

I don't know if executing a shell script to investigate whether another process is running would violate the license you quoted, as this wouldn't allow multiple user access to the runtime.

So you could execute a shell script using Send Event, or a plugin like Shell, which would execute the Unix ps -aux command on a Mac, or whatever that is on Windows, then return the results via standard output back into filemaker.

I don't know if executing a shell script to investigate whether another process is running would violate the license you quoted, as this wouldn't allow multiple user access to the runtime.

I has been an option with mac os since 9 that you via applescript could deal with applications running on different machines, troi even developed this plugin enabling you to run scripts remotely.

I can't be sure here but you have to consider why such a question is raised, if it weren't to do with a homebrewed record locking system, where each workstations runtime exports and imports data in a sort of multiusers system although they can't work at the same time. The import with update is the tricky point in the interpretation of the licensing issues.

So I felt the need to warn - that it's liable to cause offence!!!!

--sd

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.