Auto Update Plugin

This topic is 6115 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I suppose this has some scripting element to it, i always get confused with plugins... Oh well, the issue is that i'm obviously trying to integrate an auto update on start up, but the problem is that i can't even get FMSAUC_FindPlugIn ( "EventScript" ) or FMSAUC_FindPlugIn ( "EventScript.FMX" ) for example to evaluate.

I've put the plugin into the autoupdate folder on the server in the same folder as my database and still no luck.

What i should probably mention is that this is being evaluated from the front end of a solution.

Cheers for any help,

~Genx

Btw i have configured both client and server for updating plug-ins and read the white paper provided by CNS, but i think my problem lies in the way im configuring the autoudpate folder itself...

Cheers,

~Genx

Okay well, after finding a link on that page to the actual fm documentation that happened to be located in fm server directory in the first place sigh...

Turn's out reading FM5.5 documentation doesn't really help, i needed to use the structure:

AutoUpdate

-Folderw/PluginName

--VersionNumberOfPlugin

---PluginItself

Cheers again for the link.

~Genx

In conclusion it doesn't evaluate properly in a front end that references a backend and half the script has to be executed in the backend and half in the front end...

Mmm, topic with myself, its always fun, well it was all going good, but now its gone to the ***** (that was me not the sensor). Its returning error 5 telling me that the file can't be downloaded off the server and i don't know why, i've read everything! All i have in my lowest folder is EventScript.fmx

Genx! Is your server running a unix-based operating system? I.e.:) Mac Os X or Os X Server perhaps??

If so, I think you have to place the plug-in to distribute inside a .tar file and then, adjust the correct Unix permissions.

Sorry, I don't have further details on this but I hope you can find more infos on the Web!?

• 1 year later...

This topic is 6115 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.