Server Maintenance This Week. ×

VPN problem

pcexhaust

This topic is 6521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am relatively new to Filemaker and so the solution to my problem maybe very simple. Also, because I am new to this, I am providing as much information as I can.

We are running Filemaker 7 with Computer One hosting the database. We are NOT using the special server version of FM 7. On Computer One, a VPN server has been created using the Windows Home Edition VPN server ability. The ports on the firewall/router have been forwarded to Computer One. On Computer A, a new computer account was created in XP called VPNUSER. Laptop A connects to the VPN using that special user. A VPN connection to this computer from the outside world is successful using Laptop A. Laptop A can connect inside the network successfully to the FM database using the Remote button. When you take Laptop A outside the local network, VPN in, and then try to connect to the database using Remote, it gives and error that the .fs7 (this might not be the correct error message/file extension it gives) file/host could not be found. You can click “favorites” in the dropdown menu and see the IP and database to Computer One. But once you click the database and click “Remote” you get that error.

Laptop A can see all of Computer A’s files when on the VPN. Also, Laptop A uses the same subnet when connecting with the VPN.

Any ideas?

This topic is 6521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.