combining files during conversion

This topic is 6534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am converting a Filemaker 6 Pro database over to Filemaker 8.

I initially dragged and dropped my FM6 files into FM8. All converted fine, but I noticed that I still had separate files. So that means that I have to setup Accounts and Privileges for every file/table.

So, is it possible for me to combine all FM6 tables/files into one nice FM8 database/file.

Thanks!!

So, is it possible for me to combine all FM6 tables/files into one nice FM8 database/file.

Yes, highlight every field in the file you wish to get rid of, press the copy button below, close the dialog and define a new table in the surviving file, enter the tables def. and press the paste button ...and your fields are copied to the new location.

Do the same thing with your scripts.... But then is it time for a comprehensive debugging session, a lot of the dealings in the scripts are not working anymore and the relations graph need to get the connections redirected.

This is the process, by and large ...but beware that tools for this specific task exists:

http://www.newmillennium.com/index.php?src=directory&view=products&srctype=display&back=products&id=72&submenu=Developer_Software&view=products&category=Developer+Software&pos=0,50,13&PHPSESSID=6198af33999ee18d062bd7699ae1f6f8

--sd

This topic is 6534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.