6->8 post-conversion security issue

This topic is 6519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We recently upgraded to FMP 8, from FMP 6. I decided to just try the conversion and see what problems - if any - would pop-up. I'm not an expert at this program, but I'm fairly good, understand database architecture, and usually can solve every problem that comes my way. This time it's different.

The conversion went seemingly well. The only change that needed to be made after a few days was a minor font change to make something more readable. Then, I went to add a new field in and I can't.

I went to check the options and I am repeatedly told that I don't have the privelages to change anything but the spelling ones.

With FMP 6 the database was protected with a password, and when you went to open the database you were only prompted for that password. Of course, now FMP handles accounts as well as their passwords. The first time we went to open up the newly converted database it asked for both. We've been leaving the account blank and entering the database with the old password. This worked, we were able to add and modify records, so we didn't think twice.

So, it's been about 2 weeks and 200 records, and now we are faced with either figuring out WHY we don't have full access privelages to our database using the only password it has ever had and fixing that problem, or losing 2 weeks of entries (many, many hours) and re-converting the old database after removing it's password.

I hope someone can help, and I hope even more that that made sense.

This topic is 6519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.