Securing databases with defined Users

This topic is 8108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Well here I go - I know that you can set up a default password for each database. But.....

My application is only accessed via a gateway that I have written seperately - It requires the user to login with a password and userid. Hence gaining access to the main application from where its run.

What would be nice if that password could be used as the default password for each of the other databases in my application. Can this be done and how?

Another problem I have is when I stop exporting via the security option the users can no longer create records - This I find strange???

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Michael

In addition to using FileMaker's access privileges, it is possible to set up within your solution your own username / password protocol through "unique" field parameters, calculatons, scripts, or a combination thereof. Once recognized then each individual can be directed through a unique identifier or common identifier field to the db / layout appropriate for that individual based on the criteria you establish. I cannot be more specific because each solution is different. This requires some creative application design.

This topic is 8108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.