Flashing and Screen Redraws

This topic is 6514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is it me or is IWP completely useless for publishing web applications. I think Filemaker pro is an outstanding product for RAD, however its local client and web publishing still suffers from massive screen flashing and redraw issues.

I have been able to create a top notch application with this product, and with the help of the good people at this forum. But, not having the ability to deploy my application becomes a problem.

Are there any fixes on the way? Does Filermaker 8 server resolve this problem? Is filemaker even aware of this? The knowledge base offers no response.

I thought filemaker code gets compiled into flash or java, there really shouldnt be that many screen redraws.

Any suggestions and/or comments...

mjank

You're certainly keeping this on a general level, the issue is here that when deploying a solution to IWP ...are there several issues to observe, first of all is the development time considerably larger than for a straight forward solution.

Quite a handful of commands in scripting doesn't work, and the rendering of unstored fields doesn't translate very well to this kind of interfacing and a more transaction model kind of methodology should be used. A lot of the scripting needs scrutinization with the placement of Commit Record steps in a lot of places.

Graphic elements such as checkboxes and radio buttons are thown at the mercy of the operatingsystem underneath, so often do you need to cut up the valuelist to atomic detail.

But you have to explain what mission your base serves, if say you have expected a database solution to behave as a spreadsheet are you asking for it. How is the stucture of you database, and here do I not mean how many tables but instead if measures are taken to make the stucture deal with querries as well.

What exactly makes you feel this grievance ....who has promised you what??

--sd

This topic is 6514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.