Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Integrating Google Calendar with Web Viewer

Aviosity

This topic is 6494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey all,

I'm back after a 2-year break from FMP. I'm now at a new job where we're using FMP7 for patient/subject scheduling and data. We also use a Google Calendar to keep track of our schedule.

We'd like to integrate our Google Calendar and FMP7 database. I'm a noob at FMP8.5 (actually never used it, we won't upgrade unless this is possible), so my question is: can we use Web Viewer to not only view our calendar, but log in to our Google account and edit the calendar just as if it was in an ordinary browser? We just want to make sure so we don't upgrade for no reason.

Thanks so much,

Aviosity

• Newbies

Depends on what you are really asking. Yes you can insert a web viewer on an FM layout and build the expression to load at least your google calendar log-in page. From within the webviwer you can log-in and bring up your calendar and play with it much the same you would in your browser. It may even pe possble to automate the log-in, but you'll need to be able to link fields in your current record to supply your userID and password. You may or maynot want to have a password open in your database. Building the expression needed to automate the log-in may be a bear, depending on how google contructs the page. But if you want it just to display the page and let you work within FM just like you now work with a web Browser, that should be possible. Download the trial version and play with it.It's fairly intuitive.

This topic is 6494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.