Portal Problem with Calculations

Keith42

This topic is 6481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am having trouble getting a portal to display records that are related using a calculation.

The Portal is in the Third_party_Payers Database.

I am trying to get a list of all the patients who are on account with a particular provider (third_party) and owing using a calc of a line items scenario whereby the fee is taken from the paid producing a calculation that is “Owing” or “Paid”

My portal stubbornly refuses to show just the “Owing” but rather all patients of that provider.

I am at a loss and am sure that it is something simple but it is well beyond me.

I have attached my stumbling effort for all to laugh at! Any help would be very gratefully received.

The status field can not be indexed, and therefore not work as relational criteria in a multicriteria relation.

A solution is to make a script change the balance in a straight forward numberfield, which then can be made indexed.

--sd

• Newbies

Hi Thanks very much for replying.

I dont quite understand what you mean though. I have tried relating the files using the number field calculated when the fee is taken from the paid and still no joy.

Thanks for your time.

Keith

I have tried relating the files using the number field calculated

No exactly, it's on the wrong side of the relation ...the one requirering the indexing to work.

I need to think up a solution to your problem, which perhaps is likely to be approached with a different relational structure.

Or perhaps a more transaction'ish approach.

--sd

This topic is 6481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.