Newbie Q- Multiple Tables into one layout??

cogniz

This topic is 6475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

wow I feel stupid but...here goes.

I have created individual tables for each category of my job "recipe" (Project, Crew, Contacts, Wardrobe, Craft Service, etc.). Now I want to create a Print layout with the fields in each table laid out in some order. This form wil be used to capture the information we need, manually (pen on paper), then transfer to the database later.

I try to use the New Layout function but it will only allow me to import one table vs. all of them (and their associated fields). Is my schema flawed or am I missing some function in FM7pro?

You can see my spaghetti-works in the attached file...Sorry if this has been repeated somewhere, I searched but could not find it. Thanks

RadRecipe.fp7.zip

Without having looked at your spaghetti, should it be said that you deside which of the TO's you would like to carry the required layout sometimes done by duping a TO. Inter-relating the TO's is then crutial to pull values from other tables.

You should perhaps (again without having seen your graph) re-read the the whitepapers, to learn the difference between TO and TOG's and that all aspects of a solution shouldn't be tied as ER'ish as posible - the relational graph isn't an ER!!!!!

The Anchor Buoy people have noticed that relational levels hardly ever reach much further than 3-4 levels, seen from the layout carrying TO.

--sd

Is my schema flawed or am I missing some function in FM7pro?

Yes! I should gladly admit that I can't deduct what kind of functionality the drawn relations convey ...if anything??? It seems like you have ignored that the operator between multicriteria relations is AND :) What does the juicy chord show above here do??

What kind of queries did you have in mind when drawing those lines??? It seem like you have thrown arbitrary lines between spots in the table occurences, because you think it looks cool and massages your aura or is it a measure of spin doctoring??

One of the most striking oddities is: It's not relational healthy to have ...zip, ...phone, ...address scattered loosly across all tables and even several times in each table!

--sd

juicy.jpg

This topic is 6475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.