Found Records Total in a Field

This topic is 6466 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Please help a newbie! I have a database of our membership - both current and past members. On my splash screen I have successfully included the number of active members (Status(CurrentFoundCount) from the total (Status(CurrentTotalCount). I would like to include on this same layout fields that calculated the number of active males and active females. I have scripts that find these records, I just can't figure out how to get these record totals into separate fields called Males-Active and Females-Active. Your help is appreciated.

You would need two selfjoin relations here, one established on a constant related to itself to ignore the found set present, and just give the total of records in the database via Count( the next is a constant relating selfjoin to one of the boolean values either male or female, again ignoring the found set. This will give enough to live establish how many of each, by subtracting accordingly.

If you need to deal with found set's only is Summaries the thing you should investigate, using the gender as breakvalue, you can then get the number via GetSummary( provided you remember to sort the records by this breaker value.

--sd

• Newbies

I seem to have stumbled across a solution:

I created two new fields (Male Count (Number)) and (Female Count (Calculation-Number)(Found Count - Male Count)). I first run a script that finds our active male members – that found count sets the field Male Count; then I run the find all active members script. The splash screen now shows the correct info eg. 639 <> active members (284 males <> – 355 females <>) of 743 <> total records. I tested by adding new male and female numbers and the totals reflect the new correct numbers.

Thanks for your suggestion.

This topic is 6466 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.