Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Applescript over TCP/IP

This topic is 8316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks for your response. I should clarify what I am trying to do though. The databases are already open in FileMaker server on a standalone machine. I have another Mac that has FileMaker Unlimited which is logged in as a guest to the FileMaker server databases. I would like to have an applescript that will open FileMaker Unlimited, then login to the appropriate databases on the FileMaker server via TCP/IP with a password. The problem with using the built in ScriptMaker is that I cannot tell it to "Open this database with this password".

The database in question has a blank password for limited access When someone opens this database from a FileMaker client, I want it to prompt them for a password every time. Therefore, I cannot use the "On open try default password" option as the prompt would not appear.

I hope this makes sense, thanks again...

On the machine running unlimited, create a FMP 'open file'. It doesn't need to have any records, just a script that runs on opening. The script opens all of the desired databases. Use the same passwords for this file as the others. The password entered will apply to the other databases opened as well.

This topic is 8316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.