Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Copying data from one portal into another

deego55

This topic is 6463 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a main layout with two related portals. Portal A has two columns of data. I would like to add a button to the layout to move that data into new rows in Portal B, then be able to add additional rows to Portal B if necessary.

Can someone please tell me the best way to copy the data into the second portal? Thanks very much!

i figured out a solution by looping through the related records for first portal and setting variables for the fields and key, then going into the table for second portal and creating new records and setting the foreign key and fields to the variables

not sure if it is the most elegant solution but it works well

not sure if it is the most elegant solution but it works well

Neither am I why do you need identical data in two places?? ideally should there be yet another foreignkey which is the only one, which should be copied anywhere!

--sd

well the data isnt necessarily identical. once the data is copied into the second portal it can be changed.

the idea is this: there is money that is included on a proposal (portal a) > the proposal money is copied to a budget , where additional expenses may be added to the initial amount and into additional fields as well(portal :

now the user can see what the original proposed amount was and what the current budgeted amount is

may be added to the initial amount and into additional fields as well(portal :

I was about to say something similar to why can't you turn on "allow creation of related records" on the recieving portal, making space for new records.

--sd

This topic is 6463 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.