Weird script acting after upgrade!

stevie.at

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just upgraded our Server to 8.0v4 and clients to 8.5. Server 8 could not open 3 of the 8 files, so I recovered them and now it seems to work fine. Users are just fooling around with 8.5 now...

Some things act a little weird...global fields show data that is temporarily stored for calculations and (so far) one script does not act as it did before. The script is perfectly right, all attempts to work around it did not bring any results at all! As a matter of fact it includes 2 of the 3 recovered files (the script works as a Report Central that searches in all textfields in all files). It's really weird because if I add a Pause/Resume script step to debug the script it works just fine, without it it doesn't!

So I'm a bit worried if the recovery went wrong and/or FM8.5 screws up scripts and other functionalities!?

Any experiences like this???

Thanks,

Stefan

[color:red]You should not continue to use recovered files. Recovery sacrificies anything in the structure of the files it needs to in order to preserve the data for extraction.

Your files likely failed their consistency check as a result of some damage in earlier versions. A better process would have been to save a compressed copy of the file and then try to open that copy.

Sounds to me as if there is some structural damage to the file.

Steven

I was thinking about it...so I'll take the files from the server, recover them again and import the records into an empty clone...

What dou you mean by compressed files???

2 Things: I don't have current clones. So what file is safe to use as a clone???

Do I have to do this process with the 3 affected files only or with all files???

Thanks again!

Stefan

What dou you mean by compressed files???

Save a copy-->compressed. It's under the file menu IIRC.

If the file didn't open then it should be saved as compressed. Since you already ran the Recover it may be too late.

You have no clean clones?

Steven

Not very current ones...as I do work on the db structure every day...

I saved a copy as compact (no compressed option on FMP8.5...don't have developer) and put this one back on the server. It opened with successful consistency check but the one script still acts the same...

I guess there's nothing more I can do now?!

Stefan

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.