Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Protecting Full Access Passwd on Unsecured Machine

m sloper

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a .fm7 solution which is sold to offices where i don't have security control over the filemaker host. Without this physical security of the machine, the database seems pretty open to mischievous password crackers. I am worried that a particular office has cracked the Full Access password and has been programming the database w/o me.

Anyone have any good ideas for making sure the Full Access privilege password hasn't been changed?

Do use the Developer Tool to remove the [Full Access] accounts remembring that you must give the users the ability to retrieve their data.

Second, be sure to include a statement on the splash screen that the solution is licensed to the group and that reverse engineering in prohibited.

Steven

• Newbies

I want code that could be used for all my clients and some of these clients buy support from me, so I don't really want to disable the Full Access user.

I am thinking about using some sort of notification alert. Everytime access privilige = full access, send an email (SMTPit) or make a post. At the same time, secretly sending out emails rubs me the wrong way.

Any other ideas?

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.