I think I need a portal...but not sure

shadar

This topic is 6522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to create a purchase orders database. I am new to filemaker and I am struggling with certain aspects of it. In MS Access I created a subform and allowed the users to select the item and the rest of the subform populated then peformed calcs on the items chosen. The purchase orders where then created based on the orders table that was created.

I think I need a portal to do the same thing in FM. I have managed to get the portal and do the lookup but I can not get it to go to the next row. Our pricelist is 10000 records long and some orders will have only 3 items others will have 30 items.

I don't want to do a lookup because each line has to be individually which doesn't work for us. I hope that makes sense.

Many Thanks,

Sharon

your relationship - "POs" to "PO Line Items" - for example - should be on the Key field: PO_Number (or whatever you are calling your Purcahse Order Number Serial value in the POs file) AND

the relationship should allow "Allow creation of related records" in the PO items file - that is to say, that from your PO file, you should be able to create po items through the porral.

That should solve that one problem.

This topic is 6522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.