Wrap Text

shadar

This topic is 6519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a great forum, I have been able to create and modify my database with all of your help.

I have simple question. I have a portal which pulls records from a product table. I need the "description" field to wrap the text if it doesn't fit in the portal field.

It seems like a really easy thing to do but I can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Sharon

... I need the "description" field to wrap the text if it doesn't fit in the portal field.

Hi Sharon,

As a matter of course, when the amount of text is too large for a field, FileMaker wraps the text (over the first preceding space or hyphen) to two or more lines. Provided the field box height is sufficient, the multiple lines will be visible.

Is that not what is occurring in your portal? If not, then it might help if you described in greater detail what the data is and what it is that is happening.

My fields are not doing that. I have changed the field in the the portal to "double" space but that does not work either. When I click in the description field in the portal the text wraps but the wrapped text isn't visable without clicking on it. I need the wrapped text to be visiable when printing.

Sharon

This topic is 6519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.