Web Viewer and Google Maps API

ino

This topic is 6434 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a FileMaker 8.5 file that demonstrates some of the new features in FileMaker 8.5 in a real world scenario: Web Viewer and Google Maps API. You can find a lot of distances all round The World. This file is free and open source.

Working Under: 8.5v1

Solution Status: Finished

Pre-requisites:

Author(s): INO

Date: 03-10-06

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info: Need Shell PlugIn (included)

P.S.

Try to put in [color:blue]Sample Files & Open Source Solutions Forum, bat that doesn't work for moment or :

Happy WebViewering

ino

Worldwide_Distance_v1.zip

:thumbup: This is very cool. Can you explain a little about why the shell script is necessary. What's the interaction with the API?

BTW: I had a little trouble with the plug-in from your file, but another copy I had on my machine worked.

Hi Ender,

thanks for comment, as others I try to play a little with Web Viewer , specially because I come from small Country and for the moment google normally haven’t lot info/possibility as is for USA & some other ...

Can you explain a little about why the shell script is necessary. What's the interaction with the API?

Easily, I use Shell Plugin to grab/get/find Latitude and Longitude for any city, more or less, all around The World. See fields comT1 (City A), comT2 (City :,

Try to use this in your browser or in Web Viewer; http://geo.localsearchmaps.com/?city=New_York&country=US or whatever City.

You can use Apple Script for Mac to this without Shell Script/Plugin or VB Script for Windows bat I am not so familiar with both of them! Whit Shell script(Plugin) you have functionality for both Platforms and it is free of charge, as You know.

Result: I put with some calc in necessary fields (LAT1,LAT2; LNG1, LNG2) - substitute ...

and in Web Viewer put what is necessary included little calc to put in numerical value and all other FileMaker do for us.

What's the interaction with the API?

For the moment nothing, but I have some planes to build my own html and xml solution which will included API Kay which every user formally must have for his needs with Google Maps. Visit Google Maps Help sites:

http://www.google.com/apis/maps/

Download/Saving PlugIn - Container field

I paste it for people who eventually haven't Shell plugIn, as You can see it is in zip form, and I tested db and Saving Plugin in both platform Mac/Win and it’s normally work.

Regards,

Ino

P.S. Sorry for my written English, but hope so that you can understood what I like to say..

This topic is 6434 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.