Report using graphic background

ljm

This topic is 6414 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'd like to run a report with a large customized graphic in the background to be inserted into an already existing powerpoint presentation. The names are part of a competition at a conference and they get compiled quickly and then turned over to a powerpoint operator.

I can't figure out how to get the names on top of the graphic. I can import a PDF into a powerpoint, but can't get a transparent background. If I have the graphic in the background of the FMP file, don't know how to get the names to continue down the page, the report body needs to be approximate 8x10 just to accomodate the graphic. I think there must be an easy solution to this, but I don't know what it is!

Thank you in advance,

Linda

Edited by Guest

If anyone needs to do something like this here is what I ended up doing.

I had a bunch of people doing data entry on contest entries into excel spreadsheets I imported all the names and amounts into FMP, sorted it by amount took the number of names I needed (130), and using a report format I had already created printed the report to a PDF.

Using Adobe I opened the PDF report and saved it as a JPG - which niceley exports each page fully composed with graphics etc - this was an 11 page report. Then I was able to paste each of the pages into a powerpoint presentation.

This all happened at a lunch meeting and we had about 20 minutes to tablulate the results and get it into the powerpoint show, it worked well. The leap from FMP to PPT was pretty quick, though if there is a way to go direct, that would be faster.

The only formatting issue is that when PPT places the jpg it takes about a 1/2 inch margin around the whole page so the output from FMP has to provide that white space.

This topic is 6414 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.