Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Don't laugh, FM 5.5 networking issue

This topic is 6395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We still use FM 5.5 with our clients, hey if it works....

I just did an upgrade for a client from 4.x to 5.5 because they just went from older iMacs to the snazzy cool pre-intel iMacs. I upgraded them to 5.5 on the workstations (10.4.8?) and server (which is still running 9.2).

The problem: They keep getting dumped. The workstations keep getting dropped from the server. When it happened (while I was on-site) I thought that the workstation had gone to sleep and dropped the connection. We went through and set so that the hard drive does not sleep and the TCP/IP connection doesn't drop.

I heard that this may be an issue with some versions of tiger. If this is true, can you point me to somewhere I can get more info so I can present it to the client and perhaps suggest they get a downgrade or something.

Thanks!

I believe there are 6-8 concurrent client connections.

The server is FMS 5.5v1 (I believe, will have to contact the client)

Network speed - don't know this one.

Connections get dropped "about 3 times a day". I tried to get more specific answers but I think a lot of times it happens when someone steps away from the workstation. While I was doing the install, I did make sure that the workstations were set to not spin down or disconnect when idle. I just spoke with them and it happens even when they're using the software.

The server is a G3 tower running OS 9.2.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.